Our spring camput at Bull Run is coming up soon – the 29th of April! Register here!
We will be trying something new for the Pack 1537 family camping event this year – Bull Run Campground, from April 29-30. Bull Run features disc golf, a playground, hiking trails and an outdoor water park are all within walking distance from the campground.
The pack will provide dinner and breakfast for this event.
Cost: $15 per person (5 years old and under free).
WHO: The whole family (or whoever wants to go). A parent/guardian must accompany and be responsible for their own child(ren).
WHEN: Sat, April 29, 2pm – Sun, April 30, 11am
WHERE: Bull Run Regional Park, 7700 Bull Run Dr, Centreville, VA 20121
NEED PARKING AND CAMPSITE INSTRUCTIONS
2:00pm – Begin arrivals
3:00/3:30 – 5:00: Hikes, den adventures
5:00 – Set up tents, dinner prep
6:30 – Dinner
7:30 – S’mores
9:00 – Tents
10:00pm – Lights out
Pack families can arrive anytime after 2pm on Saturday. There will be a campfire program in the evening and departure on Sunday morning.
What to Wear: Scouts should wear Class B uniforms (the t-shirts).
What To Bring:
- Water (the pack will have a few big jugs);
- Mess kit (plate/bowl/cup/utensils) for each person (we don’t use paper/Styrofoam, but will set up a wash station for washing dishes after each meal);
- Layered clothing (class B uniforms);
- Tent, ground pad, sleeping bags, tarp to put under the tent (ground may be wet);
- Camp chairs for sitting around the campfire;
- Flashlights, toiletries, etc.;
- Webelos and Bears may bring pocketknives if they have their whittling chip.
- Children are not permitted to have electronic devices (e.g., tablets).
Please send in a signed BSA waiver to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the event date.
See you there!